The Certificate in SAR-66 Category B1 Basic Conversion provides basic conversion training for SAR-7 Category A & C licensed aircraft maintenance engineers to qualify them for SAR-66 Category B1 Aircraft Maintenance Licence in accordance with CAAS Advisory Circular AC 66-3(0).
Its curriculum is designed to meet the training requirements prescribed by CAAS Singapore Airworthiness Requirements Part 66 (SAR-66), governing the basic knowledge and skills for Category B1.1 Line Maintenance certifying engineer.
The Certificate in SAR-66 Category B1 Basic Conversion is a 36 days full-time programme.
This course is designed to provide basic conversion training for these SAR-7 categories A & C aircraft maintenance engineers to qualify for the respective SAR-66 Category B1 Aircraft Maintenance Licence in accordance with CAAS Advisory Circular AC 66-3(0) and to apply for removal of the technical limitation(s) from their basic SAR-66 licences. The Certificate in SAR-66 Category B1 Basic Conversion is intended for holders of CAAS SAR Section 7 (SAR-7) Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licences in the Airframe (A) and Engine (C) categories. With the introduction of SAR-66, these SAR-7 licences were converted to their respective SAR-66 Category B1 Licences, with technical limitation(s) annotated in the “Categories and Aircraft Type Rating” page of the SAR-66 licence. –
The Certificate in SAR-66 Category B1 Basic Conversion is essentially a sub-set of the currently approved modularly-delivered SAR-66 Category B1.1 Training Programme, and comprises the whole or part of the following modules.
– BM03 Electrical Fundamentals (part module – items 3.10 to 3.18 of Module 3 syllabus)
– BM04 Electronic Fundamentals (whole module)
– BM05 Digital Techniques / Electronic Instrument Systems (whole module)
– BM07 Maintenance Practices (part module – items 7.5 to 7.7 of Module 7 syllabus)
– BM11A Turbine Aeroplane Aerodynamics Structures and Systems (part module – items 11.5.2, 11.6 and 11.18 of Module 11 syllabus)
– DP100 Practical Skills Training at Hangar / Workshop Practical Modules: – PM8-1 Splice and terminal wires with crimp-type terminal devices
– PM8-2 Remove and insert contacts of crimp-type connectors
– PM8-3 Apply appropriate soldering and de-soldering methods
– PM8-4 Perform wire wrapping connections
– PM8-5 Fabricate wire harness
– PM12 Electrostatic discharge sensitive devices
– PM46 Electrical bonding, Continuity and Static Discharge Check
– PM50 Internal lighting check
– PM54 Electrical power generation system fault diagnosis
– PM57-1 Measure voltage, current, power, frequency and phase sequence
– PM57-2 Check serviceability of basic electrical components
– PM57-3 Check serviceability of wires and cables
Student – Lecturer Ratio
Theory: The ratio of Lecturer to Students is 1:32 for theory classes
Practical: The ratio of Lecturer to Students is 1:16 for practical training.
Learning And Teaching Methods
The mode of delivery for this course comprises of face-to-face, classroom-facilitated delivery of theory lessons as well as practical training at ATTC’s practical laboratory and/or training workshop/hangar.
ATTC courses are assessed by written examination and practical assessments
The Certificate in SAR-66 Category B1 Basic Conversion is intended for holders of CAAS SAR Section 7 (SAR-7) Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licenses in the Airframe (A) and Engine (C) categories.
Upon successful completion and passed all necessary modules assessments, written examinations and practical assessments. Graduates will be awarded the ‘BCC certificate’ by the Air Transport Training College.
Full-Time: 36 days*
*Inclusive of both theory and practicalAttendance Requirements
Students must achieve a minimum of 85% attendance for all individual modules
Course Fees for local and international students: SGD13,800
ALL FEES QUOTED ABOVE EXCLUDE GST –
The information provided are the most current at the point of publishing and may be subject to changes. ATTC has the right to make changes to course fees, course syllabus, duration and admission requirements without notice.