Click here to download brochure
Download PSEA Form (Applicable only to Singaporean and Singapore PR) – to submit on the first day of briefing
Download Student Enrolment Form – to submit on the first day of briefing
Next Course Date
To be confirmed (26th Intake)
Closes one month before the course commencement date.
Full-time : 1 year (2 semesters)
Mon – Fri : 8.30am to 4.00pm
Course Commencement is subject to the minimum number of participants
– Non-refundable and payable upon submission of application
– Local Student: SGD200
– International Student: SGD500
– CAAS Part 66 Exam is optional. Candidates need to apply to CAAS directly through the CAAS online Examination Registration Site
Local Student Course Fee: SGD6,111 after SSG funding (payable in 1 instalment)
NOTE: PSEA can be used to pay for Specialist Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering (SAME) course fee. (For Singaporeans ONLY)
International Student Course Fee: SGD20,370.
ALL FEES QUOTED ABOVE EXCLUDE GST
This Diploma programme is conducted by Air Transport Training College (ATTC), the Professional Development Centre of the Singapore Institute of Aerospace Engineers (SIAE).
Incorporates the Basic Training for Category A1 of Part 66 of the Singapore Airworthiness Requirements of CAAS. Upon successful completion of the Basic Training, you need to complete only 1 year (instead of 3 years) of additional Aircraft Maintenance Experience which is one of the requirements to qualify for a CAAS Category A aircraft maintenance licence.
Students who graduate with Specialist Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering (SAME) will find prospect for employment in the aerospace industry locally and internationally.
Designed to cover the knowledge requirements for the SAR-66 Category A1 licence. It aims to integrate basic aviation skills required for the aerospace industry. .
Specialist Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering (SAME) integrates the modules of WSQ Higher Certificate in Aerospace Maintenance.
|AM05||Digital Techniques / Electronic Instrument Systems|
|AM06||Materials and Hardware|
|AM10||Aviation Legislation (Singapore)|
|AM11A||Turbine Aeroplane Aerodynamics, Structure and Systems|
|AM15||Gas Turbine Engine|
Workshop & Hangar Modules
|P100||Basic Aircraft Maintenance Skills|
|P200||Aircraft Maintenance Experience|
Skills Framework For Aerospace
|WSQ IU1 Perform Basic Aircraft Safety Practices and Documentation|
|WSQ SU1 Perform Aircraft General Maintenance Activities|
|WSQ EU1 Maintain Airframe Systems|
|WSQ EU2 Maintain Aircraft Fuel and Engine Systems|
|WSQ EU3 Maintain Sheetmetal Structures|
|WSQ EU4 Maintain Composite Structures|
|WSQ EU5 Maintain Aircraft Cabin Equipment and Furnishing|
Industrial On-the-Job Training
This course includes in-house On-the-Job Training.
As and when available, students with consistent academic results and good conduct will go through an interview and selection process for attachment to Aerospace companies for industrial On-the-Job-Training.
Student – Lecturer Ratio
Theory: Lecturer to Students does not exceed 1:32
Practical: Lecturer to Students does not exceed 1:16
Learning And Teaching Methods
All classes will be a mix of lectures and practical skills training.
ATTC courses are assessed by written examination and practical assessments
For Singaporeans or Singapore PR:
– GCE ‘O’ Level with credit in English, Mathematics, Science [Combined Science, Physical Science, Physics, Science (Physics, Biology), Science (Physics, Chemistry)] OR
– NITEC / Higher NITEC in relevant Engineering discipline
– Other equivalent qualifications from recognised institutions
For foreigners living outside Singapore:
– Cambridge equivalent GCE ‘O’ Level with credit in English, Mathematics and Science [Combined Science, Physical Science, Physics, Science (Physics, Biology), Science (Physics, Chemistry)]
– Other equivalent qualifications from recognised institutions can be considered on a case by case basis
– For international students from non-English medium school or institution, IELTS 5.5 or equivalent is required.
Upon successful completion and passing of all necessary modules assessments, written examinations and practical assessments. Graduates will be awarded the ‘Specialist Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering’ by Air Transport Training College
Students must achieve a minimum of 85% attendance for all individual modules
Only Singapore residents and Singapore PR (Permanent Residents) taking the full-time Specialist Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering (SAME) programme can apply for subsidy on course fees.
The general eligibility criteria for company sponsored applicants are listed as follows:
1. Company are registered or incorporated in Singapore
2. Supported cost components (such as Course fees) are fully sponsored by company
3. Trainees are employees who are either Singapore Citizen or Singapore Permanent Resident only
4. Trainee have achieved attendance requirements
Eventual funding amount can vary according to applicant’s age and qualification level. For details on Training Grant, please refer to the SkillsFuture Singapore website
The information provided are the most current at the point of publishing and may be subject to changes. ATTC has the right to make changes to course fees, course syllabus, duration and admission requirements without notice.